Monday, April 18, 2011

Inner Peace

Hurtful words came my way this weekend.

I was shocked and am still in a state of disbelief.
It always amazes me when people can speak words of hurt without thinking of their consequences.  We've all done it in our lifetime, probably more than once.
Yet when it happens to me it always catches me off guard and makes me sit back with wonder as I lick my inner wounds.

At times like these I turn to the Dalai Lama for guidance.
A wise man.

"A truly compassionate attitude toward others does not change even if they behave negatively or hurt you."


"A great rock is not disturbed by the wind; the mind of a wise man is not disturbed by either honor or abuse."



I have so badly wanted to defend myself, say something and speak up.  I know this to not be a good idea, especially in the written word.... so instead I will listen to the words of  the Dalai Lama... and know that my day will only get better if I focus on being happy.....

"Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something. and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent."
 
Have a great week everyone.

1 comment:

Melynda said...

That is terrible! Remember you have wonderful friends and family who love you. Get rid of the negativity. Hope things get better.