Friday, November 11, 2011

What to do? What to do?

"That's me"

Suppose you could chock it down to that simple two word sentence.

Simple?  Sadly no.

I'm so confused and need some help trying to figure things out.  Perhaps help is just in writing my words down or hearing what others think and sorting my thoughts this way.. or it could be I need a light to go off and a terrific 'ah ha!!' to pounce upon me one morning.
In any case I just have no idea what I should do.

I thought I knew, right up until driving home on my own with only my thoughts running through my head.
A sudden realization hit me, one that has changed what I should or shouldn't do.

I have this most amazing job, one that has left me with the feeling of winning the lottery.  Everything about the job is perfect.
So then why am I looking at leaving in the fall to head out and begin something new?
Yes it would lead me to doing something that would end up being perfect..... or would it?

I would be leaving this wonderful job... and although I could be back (hopefully) to do my practicum, I doubt I would end up working here... and I personally know 2 in this profession that are not doing what they want as there just is no work in this area.
AND I would be 4 years older, which is old to be heading out into a new career.

So now I'm back to square one, where I sat almost 10 years ago... only now I'm 10 years older.

Should I just upgrade?  Get the learning bug out of me this way?  And stay in my perfect job?
or
Should I throw caution to the wind and move on? 

Arrrgggg.... I just don't know what to do anymore.

I'm so confuzzled.

1 comment:

Quotes Love said...

Nice blog.Thanks for the well written article. I would like to suggest my buddies this blog.