Monday, February 20, 2017

Canadian Challenge: Kyle Withdraws

I've been holding off on writing this next entry.
It makes me sad and my heart aches for this musher friend of mine.  Kyle Job, who wears his heart on his sleeve, who would do anything for his dogs, a friend, a stranger.

Kyles high energy level is extremely infectious and he draws you in with his excitement. 
Not long ago (so it seems) I spent a weekend, with Rick Wannamaker, out at Kyle's place as we trained dogs for the Canadian Challenge.  Kyle couldn't wait to show us the trails that he put in, amazing trails that ended up teaching me more about handling a sled around tight spots than I could have ever hoped for. 
We spent the evenings visiting and talking 'dog' the entire time.  
You knew he was going to do well with his team, you could somehow feel it.  

To get word this morning that he had officially withdrawn from the race made for a very sad morning indeed.
However, as I mentioned in my last post, the dogs always come first.

I didn't ask details, but his reason for the withdrawal were for the best interest of his dogs.
Photo Credit: Canadian Challenge Web site

No comments: