Friday, November 23, 2012

I Love Winter

I REALLY love winter.

The crispness of the air.

The way my nose sticks together when it is really cold.

The way the frost builds up on my eye lashes and hair around my face from the steam of my breath.

The snows that fall and quiet the earth.

Everything is so beautiful this time of the year.


And we get to run dogs!!!!

Brianne came with me tonight as my 'photographer' and with the exception of helping me put the dogs into the boxes to go home and the unloading when at home I did it all by myself. 

I used to do it alone a couple of years ago... but the addition of 2 crazy hyper puppies who have spread their frenzied "lets go!!" personalities I've been a little hesitant.
Full of confidence now I am ready to take on anything that comes my way.

I love my new truck boxes (which still need painting!)
 

Supplies are easy at hand.
 
Everyone looks so calm while I get harnesses ready but looks can be deceiving.
 
At the Rosebud Run race trail.  Perfect for short distance training.
 
The sun goes down while we are out on our run.
Newly fallen snow and temperatures of about -15 made for a perfect run.
 
Everyone ran beautifully and deserved their snack of beef laden water... but bad mom here forgot their bowls at home!!!  Thankfully we are only a 5 minute drive from home.. I did my best to improvise..  Brianne offered plain water that was put right into the cooler to the others while they each took turns drinking baited water out of a little bowl.
 
They love their flavored water...
Sorry guys... I'm thinking it's time to purchase a second set of bowls for the truck.
 
Next step in our training... to do the trail twice in one run. 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

ainnirbard said...

I still can't believe you are running on snow!! We had a dusting the other day, but it was gone by early afternoon... Maybe in another month!! Enjoy the snow with the dogs!!!