I read an article recently that said one of the keys to happiness and to help keep depression at bay was to write down 5 things you are grateful for every night before going to bed.
It stated that a study had been done that had proven those who completed this act were less likely to fall into depression than those who didn't ... there are more details here if you feel like checking it our yourself.
I started this a few nights ago and set up a rule for myself in that I should be able to do this without repeating myself.... which is hard to do when I want to put my kids on the top of the list every day...
My first 5 things I am grateful for were so easy...
1. My kids (ha, told you they were at the top of the list)... my kids bring joy into my heart just by thinking about them. I am so proud of them and although they are so far away I have enjoyed every moment of watching them grow into wonderful young adults.
2. My husband... my best friend.... seems to love me regardless of my bad days, or bad hair days, or bad anything days (almost)
3. My dogs. They make me smile, they keep me motivated, they love me NO MATTER what! They also without complaint (and always with enthusiasm) pull me on a sled, skis or scooter leaving me breathless with incredible thrills every time.
4. My health... Fibro aside... I am incredibly lucky to be pretty darn healthy... without it I wouldn't be able to pursue my dream in 2 years
5. My job.... I LOVE my job. I couldn't have ended up working for a better place. The people I work with are wonderful, there is no one there that I can say makes me uncomfortable or someone I wouldn't want to work side by side with... and the kids are a joy every day... yes, even on those bad days.
Five things to be grateful for... it is hard to stop once you get started...
My aunts, uncles, cousins...
My new runners
You get the picture....
The hardest part is deciding what 5 to get started with
I challenge you all to start your own list at bedtime for the next month.... lets see if we can pass the happiness on.