Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Who has seen the Wind

The wind is blowing, and not just blowing.. it is SCREAMING!!
Throwing tree branches against the windows, shaking my house which in turns shakes my bed.  The house creaks and groans with the forced un-natural movement of wood beams that are over 107 years old.
The house is telling stories from the past tonight, sending shivers up my spine.

I am nervous, almost scared at this hour of 3:30 in the morning as I write this.  Perhaps it is because spirits have been woken in objects that normally stand still and undisturbed. I swear I can hear something pacing downstairs.  Has the wind upset our resident ghost, making him feel restless and anxious too?

Wind gives life to everything.
Wind also carries a voice and in this case many voices all speaking at once all demanding to be heard.
Gentle breezes whisper stories amongst the leaves, fairy tales light and airy.  Those I don't mind.
It is this wind, the gusts that are strong and fierce that frighten me.  Shouting at the world bringing with it angry spirits wanting, no needing, to be heard.
If you don't listen then they will most certainly show you.  Pushing on my windows that rattle, demanding to be open, threatening to open.  It throws anything not tied down around the yard, whips sand and dirt into my face... the wind can be cruel.

In the end no matter how un nerved I am I also feel a sense of awe and wonder at this incredible act of nature.

No comments: