Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I Miss my Kids

Ha ha... I was just listening to a message that we saved of my son when he was 18.
He was told to let me know where he would be, he and his friends were all off to a party, or going from bar to party.
I don't have the heart to erase the message on my phone... so... just in case for some reason it gets deleted, here is the written version.

after a few drinks......

"Hi Mom and Dad, I don't know if you got my text,,, but I'm going to Olds and I may not be back in the morning.

So.. I'm not sure how like if maybe you could take care of the Huskies

And maybe you'll.. I'll amyamy the uh I may be back by tonight.. I don't know , I don't know.. I'm not a Dr. right??

So maybe if I'm not you could look after Rocky, Molly, Oaky and Penny... if I'm not... I love you guys.. I'm in Olds... oh wait.. oh wait... (he starts asking his friends where they are.. bunch of talk and laughing going on in the background) wait I got to find out where we are going.

We are going to Winborn Rd in Olds, but I doubt anything bad will happen

I love you guys.. I'll see you tonight or tomorrow... love you...love you... bye..... this is your son by the way"


I chuckle every time I hear that message, but it makes me so sad now. I miss my kids so much.
Yes even the drunken phone calls at 2 in the morning for a ride home. At least he listened to me and stayed safe.
I even miss the hormonal uprising with the teenage girl in the house.
In general I miss my kids.

I wish Canada wasn't so big.

No comments: