Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I Found Winter

There is a bond between myself and my dogs.  They know that I will keep them safe, feed them, love them and in return they give themselves to me and will go anywhere for me.

Standing on the runners behind their incredible power in one of the most beautiful places in the world I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. 
The only sounds being the soft clink of the clips against the collars and the padding of 20 dog paws in the soft snow.  
Making our way across the lake the sun crept above the mountain tops stirring to life millions of ice crystals that lay around us on the vast expanse of snow that stretched out before me.

The trust between myself and dog was apparent as we approached a fork on the trail we had never been on causing Hubba Bubba to look back at me making sure he was going in the right direction before pulling the team where he had been told, which made my chest swell like a proud parent.
The dogs were in turn rewarded with trails in the forest which were full of twists and turns as we clambered over a series of drifts that at times seemed 8 feet high.  Thrilling and exhilarating are words to describe our adventure and I think the dogs would agree as even they need something different than flat perfectly groomed trails to run.  Keeps us all wanting to come back for more.

Beautiful trails, fresh air, hanging with my five fur covered kids who love me unconditionally, having the company of my hubby and a friend who shares the same passion made for a day that I can only hope heaven will be like.



It only took 2.5 hours to get there


and I wish that we had gone every weekend.


Next year it will be one of my training spots... one of many. 


My only wish.... that it wasn't spring with the end of the season quickly approaching.





2 comments:

ainnirbard said...

Very nice!!

Inspirational Quotes said...

I enjoyed reading your post and I like your take on the issue. Thanks.