Thursday, August 11, 2011

Where Were You 27 Years Ago Today?

Where was I August 11 1984?

First let me pour my thoughts over the number 27, which has many references...

One which came into the news most recently when Miss Winehouse passed into the 27 club, not the happiest connection to 27.

However other examples are;

*The total number of letters in the Hebrew alphabet (22 regular letters and 5 final consonants)
*The current number of Amendments to the United States Constitution
*The code for international direct-dial phone calls to South Africa
 *The name of a cigarette, Marlboro Blend No. 27
*Alternate name for The Hunt, a book by William Diehl
*The number of the French department Eure
*Abbé Faria's prisoner number in the book The Count of Monte Cristo
*The number of species Captain Jean-Luc Picard has made contact with in the series Star Trek: The Next Generation
*One of the anthropomorphic math symbols Lisa Simpson imagines talking to her in The Simpsons episode "Girls Just Want to Have Sums", which, instead of offering the expected pun-based aphorism, rather unhelpfully only says "twenty seven"
*In Steven King's novel "It", It returns every 27 years to Derry.
*27 is the number of bones in the human hand. [3]
*Darryl Sittler's jersey number is 27

However in my life 27 is attached this year to a special event that takes place today...

So to answer my own question... where was I 27 years ago today?


Getting married to the man of my dreams surrounded by many family, friends and complete strangers (yup.. there were some people at our wedding that I actually didn't know!)


27 years married to my hubby.
Love you H.M.
Wonder what we will look like 27 years from today?
Still looking smokin' and hot I would expect!!

No comments: