Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Splinter

It's in the base of my 'pointy' finger.

Deep in the flesh, under the skin.... way under the skin.

Red, swollen and throbbing... and big too.  I can feel it when I run my finger over top.
But darned if I can get the thing out... I've dug at it with pins and needles.. and even tried using an exacto knife.
It just won't come out.
So last night the hubby put his moms poultice trick on it... bread soaked in warm water wrapped around my finger to stay on until morning.

Stupid splinter is still in there.... guessing it's Celiac.

Well... my lesson for the day... what I've learned from a splinter.

Splinters do not care if you are black or white, male or female, or what background you have come from.
They will 'stick' by your side through thick or thin.

We could all learn from a splinter.

No comments: