Sunday, April 25, 2010

Head in the Sand

Today I came to the realization that I have spent many years with my head in the sand as I spent the morning digging, working my way up and out of this dirt hole... and struck light.

Almost blinding, making it hard to see clearly what was around me.  I felt like I had been woken from a bad dream... and still unable to shake that grasp of the dream ... I could see what was out there, around me, waiting for me when I am ready to leave this hole in the ground.
I'm a little scared to leave the security of the dark pit I just crawled up out of, worried that I may take a wrong step, make a wrong decision... one that affects more than just me.

So for now I will sit at the edge, waiting for the time when I feel secure enough to step out on solid ground.

No comments: