Thursday, July 19, 2012

What is Summer Vacation

The weather has been amazing this July.
I don't think we've had a summer like this for a very long time.

This is also the first summer in about 7 years that I've not worked... lazy mornings hanging outside with my dogs, coffee in hand.
Cleaning, or rather purging, my house of 'things'
Coffee with good friends.
Lunches with my awesome sister.
Visit with my wonderful mommy.

So far, it's been quiet, laid back and extremely stress free.

I only wish there was water and a beach involved in my daily routine, but alas the prairies are somewhat void of this iconic summer location.

That all said.... I long for the cooler mornings so that my fur kids and I can head out to begin our training.
I'm itching to get them running again.
AND I can hardly wait to be on the runners and skis behind my beautiful babies.

Don't get me wrong.. I love summer as much as any summer lover does.
I just find I get so bored.   As I'm sure my dogs are as well.... nothing to do but lay around and chew on ice blocks of kibble or bones.
There seems to be no purpose to our days.

Unless my purpose is to drink lots of caffeine, have dinners made for the hubby when he gets home (which is a treat for me too.. no more 8pm suppers) and to play with dogs all day long.
If that's not it then I'm having a purposeless summer.

Maybe I'll feel differently in August... the month my son and daughter will be home!!!!




No comments: