Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Slow down Please

Almost a month since my last blog.

It's not like I haven't anything to say.
It's more like not wanting to say it.

I woke this morning well before the sun.
Much too hot in my room to sleep anyhow.

My mind being too active to drift off again I wander down into the coolness of the living room and watch the sun rise with thoughts that I try to avoid plaguing my mind.

Lately the puppies have filled my free time.
They grow so fast.  Which makes me realize just how quickly time itself passes us by.


My baby boy has his date set for when he is leaving.  Moving across the country to start a new life, and as the day fast approaches I find myself teetering on the edge of dispair.

I'm going to miss him very much.

Then only days after he is gone my baby girl will be back on her way home... again... across the country.
She has been working so much since being home leaving me feeling as if we have had hardly any time together.
I miss her all the time and do not look forward to the day she is back on her way.

Huge changes are also fast approaching in my life, changes that I myself set the wheels in motion for. 
Realizing just how quickly time passes I'm left wondering if I am ready for this big change in my life.

I do not look forward to the passage of time this summer is offering up to me.
If only it would slow down to a crawl.
But, like the sunrise, it is inevitable and I can only hope that it will also be as breathtaking as I watch my kids continue to grow into independant wonderful adults.

No comments: