Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Empty Nest


I cannot believe that my little baby boy is graduating High School in 1 months time.

I have this feeling I'm going to be a blubbering mess when attending ceremonies.... not that it is any different than when Brianne graduated... but it is.

Come September both my kids will be gone away to school.
Jesse will only be an hour away, but no one will be at home. I will come home after work to an empty house...... everyday!

For the past 21 years and 4 months it has been all about the kids....... school and after school activities. I shopped with them in mind. We even rented movies with them in mind. Vacationed with them in mind. Everything was planned/ centered around them.

And now they will both be gone!

However on the bright side.... there will be less dishes to wash..... no shoes all over the front entry way...... the bathroom will stay cleaner...... I get a craft room this fall (THAT is exciting!!)
The grocery bill will be smaller....
......
.....
but I'm going to miss all that :-(

...... but my very own craft/ scrapping room..... whoa... there IS something to be said for empty nest!

No comments: