Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Blowin' in the Wind

I stand in a field.

The wind blows hard around me, picking up objects that are flying around my feet, my knees, my head.
I cannot make out what they are, and I haven't the energy to grab hold of anything... none of it makes any sense.

My hair and my clothes are pulled in various directions.  I feel them fluttering, then dropping as the wind changes direction only to grab hold and start pulling again.

The sky is dark, thick grey clouds are low in the horizon.  I can only make out blurred shapes in the distance. The air is heavy making it hard to take a deep breath.

I sit down in this field.  Lift my knees to my chest and hug tight. I feel my heart... it hurts, a lump in my throat makes it hard to swallow.  Tears threaten.
The events that are beyond my control hamper my ability to see clearly.  To stay above this storm.  So instead I shall sit here.  Wait it out.

No comments: